Bulging Disc Compensation Claims
A Guide to Compensation
Find out how much your personal injury claim may be worth
Bulging Disc Compensation Claims
A bulging disc injury is caused when the discs in the spine become compressed, which can press on the spinal cord and the surrounding nerve roots. Bulging disc injuries can cause serious long-term complications and can lead to severe pain near the spine and can even cause issues with mobility.
Whilst bulging disc injuries are usually caused due to age-related complications, there are those which are caused by accidents as a result of negligence from others. These accidents can cause further emotional damage as the accident may have otherwise been avoided.
If you have suffered a bulging disc injury from an accident that was caused due to someone else’s negligence, you may be eligible to make a bulging disc injury compensation claim. Contact Beacon Law to get in contact with one of our personal injury solicitors today to discuss your potential claim.
Common causes of bulging disc injuries
There are many types of accidents that can lead to bulging disc injuries, some of the main causes that our personal injury solicitors deal with include:
- Road traffic accidents – Bulging disc injuries can occur in road traffic accidents due to the amount of force involved in a collision. The sudden movement can put too much pressure on the spinal discs, which can cause them to herniate. These accidents can be caused as a result of another driver’s negligence.
- Manual handling accidents – Manual handling accidents are another common cause of bulging disc injuries. These accidents occur when you lift objects in an incorrect way or if the object is too heavy to carry, which can cause bulging disc injuries at work. Manual handling accidents regularly happen in the workplace and can be caused as a result of an employer’s negligence if they did not provide you with adequate training or if they forced you to carry an object. If you suffered an injury in the workplace, you could be able to make an accident at work claim.
- Slips, trips and falls – Slips, trips and falls can result in bulging disc injuries. These injuries happen when you fall with force and land on your spine, which can cause a spinal disc to herniate. Slips, trips and falls can be caused by wet floors, uneven pavements and lack of health and safety precautions.
If you have suffered a slipped disc injury due to one of the types of accidents listed above, you could be eligible to claim for herniated disc compensation.
What should I do following a bulging disc injury?
Following a bulging disc injury, you should receive medical attention immediately in order to get an assessment on the extent and severity of your herniated disc injury from a physical examination or an MRI scan from a medical professional. Medical professionals can also provide you with medical treatments that you may require.
Depending on the injury, you may be prescribed painkillers such as muscle relaxants or steroid injections to ease the pain. However, if the pain does not subside, you may be referred to a physiotherapist to be assessed for physiotherapy methods.
Following this, you should begin to gather any evidence that could strengthen your herniated disc claim. Forms of evidence that could be used towards your case include:
- Witness statements from anyone who was present when the accident occurred
- Photographs of the injuries that you suffered as well as where the accidents happened if possible
- A medical report from a Doctor or GP that describes the severity of your injuries and any treatments that were required
You should then think about contacting Beacon Law in order to get in contact with one of our personal injury solicitors. A personal injury solicitor will ask you questions about your accident in order to gain a detailed description of your situation so that they can determine your eligibility of making a claim.
How much do bulging disc compensation claims cost?
If we feel your case has good prospects of success, we will usually agree to proceed with your case under a ‘no win, no fee’ agreement. The ‘No Win No Fee’ Agreement is another name for a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA). One of the most important features of a ‘No Win No Fee’ Agreement is that if you do not succeed in your claim, then you will not be liable to this firm for our fees.
How are bulging disc compensation claims calculated?
Compensation amounts for all personal injury claims are split into special damages and general damages.
General damages refer to the amount of compensation awarded for your pain, loss of amenity and suffering. Special damages include any direct financial losses that you may have suffered due to your injuries. These damages typically include loss of earnings, travel costs, medical costs and the costs of care provided to you.
It is difficult to provide a definitive figure for your compensation award as each case is different and can change depending on the type of injury. However, compensation calculators that can be found online can offer a general estimation of your claim.
Time limits for making bulging disc compensation claims
The general rule on time limits for making bulging disc compensation claims is that you will have three years from the date of the accident to have either started court proceedings or settled your claim once the injury has happened.
This deadline begins from the date that the accident occurred or from the date on which you realised that your injury was associated with an accident caused by negligence.
The three-year deadline for claiming financial compensation does not apply to those under the age of 18; however, this deadline will come into effect after their 18th birthday. This time limit does not apply to those that lack the mental capacity to pursue a compensation claim themselves.
How can Beacon Law assist with bulging disc compensation claims?
Although Beacon Law cannot advise you on bulging disc pain causes and relief methods, we may be able to assist you in making a claim for compensation if your bulging disc injury was caused by someone else’s negligence. We understand that suffering a slipped disc injury can be very traumatic and can have serious complications for you and your loved ones. That is why we are dedicated to obtaining the compensation payout that you deserve.
Beacon Law are a leading firm of no win, no fee Solicitors, offering a range of personal injury claim services to our clients. We provide a high level of service to all our clients and work hard to ensure they receive the appropriate treatment and the highest level of compensation for their injuries.
If your bulging disc injury was caused by an accident that was not your fault, we will discuss your case and let you know if we think you have a claim.
If you would like to discuss making a claim for lower back pain, please call us 0330 1332 857; or use the contact forms on our website.
Beacon Law are a Solicitors law firm registered in England and Wales, with our registered office based in Manchester. We are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.