No Win No Fee Accident at Work Claims
Find out how much your personal injury claim may be worth
Making a No Win, No Fee Accident At Work Claim
Accidents at work are extremely common. At Beacon Law, we have assisted many victims of workplace injuries in making a no win, no fee claim for compensation.
Your employer has a duty of care to ensure that your workplace is safe for all staff. Your employer is under an obligation to provide a safe place of work under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974. The Workplace (Health, Safety, and Welfare) Regulations (1992) and The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 impose a strict duty on your employer to ensure that the workplace is always clean and maintained to a high safety standard
In order to ensure that your work environment is as safe as possible, your employer is responsible for:
- performing risk assessments for possible hazards
- clearing up spillages within a reasonable period of time
- making sure spillages and slippery floors are clearly signposted
- maintaining a tidy workplace
- Repairing defects within a reasonable period of time
- ensuring a safe system of work
- Providing adequate PPE and safe equipment to carry out tasks safely
If you have suffered an injury at work because your employer’s failure to adhere to the correct health and safety measures, then you may be able to make a claim for compensation on a no win, no fee basis.
What Are No Win, No Fee Claims?
At Beacon Law, we specialise in no win, no fee compensation claims, and we are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
A no win, no fee claim does exactly what it says on the tin. If your claim is unsuccessful, you will not have to pay any of our legal fees. However, if your claim is successful, you will be required to pay a success fee, which will be deducted from your compensation when your case has been settled.
This fee will go towards your solicitors costs for their advice and legal representation on your injury or illness claim.
When you enter a no win, no fee agreement, you will be required to sign a Conditional Fee Agreement (CFA), which means that you agree to pay our fees on the condition that your case is successful.
When you make a personal injury claim, there are costs involved in all stages of the process from both parties. The costs incurred in a personal injury claim can include court fees, travel expenses, expert fees and the costs of obtaining your personal medical records.
When you enter a no win, no fee agreement, you will not be required to pay our fees if you lose your personal injury claim. However, if your case is unsuccessful, you may be liable to some of your opponent’s legal costs and expenses which is why we always provide our conditional fee agreement alongside an After The Event Insurance Policy (ATE). This policy will protect you form having to pay any adverse costs if your case fails and you will only be required to pay for this insurance if your solicitor wins your case.
The Benefits of No Win, No Fee Accident at Work Claims
There are several benefits to making a “no win, no fee” accident at work claim, including:
- Financial security: With a “no win, no fee” agreement, the client does not have to pay any legal fees upfront, meaning they can pursue a claim without financial risk.
- Access to legal representation: A “no win, no fee” agreement can make it more affordable for individuals to access legal representation, as they do not have to pay for legal fees out of their own pocket.
- Increased chances of success: Lawyers who work on a “no win, no fee” basis are often more experienced and successful in personal injury cases, as they are only paid if they win the case.
- Focus on the case: The no win no fee agreement takes the financial pressure off the client, allowing them to focus on their recovery and case.
- Claim for all losses: The no win no fee agreement allows the clients to claim for all their losses, including loss of earnings, medical expenses, and pain and suffering.
- No upfront costs : Clients do not have to pay any upfront costs, which can be a significant barrier to pursuing a claim
What Should I Do If I’ve Had an Accident at Work?
There are a number of important steps that you must follow when you make a claim against your employer for an accident at work. At Beacon Law, we recommend you to take the following steps before you make a no win, no fee personal injury claim against your employer.
- Report the incident to a supervisor or manager as soon as possible.
- Make sure your accident is accurately recorded in your work’s accident book. Your employer is legally required to keep a log of all accidents in the workplace. If your workplace doesn’t have an accident book, send an email to your manager, as this will also serve as a written accident report.
- If possible, take photographs and/or prepare a sketch of the accident area, including any equipment that was involved.
- Obtain the names and contact details of any witnesses of your accident as a witness statement may be required if you decide to make a claim.
- Try to obtain information about any similar accidents or complaints that may be relevant to your case.
- Seek medical attention from your GP or at a hospital immediately so that you can obtain appropriate treatment for your injuries.
- Take photographs of your injuries as evidence, especially if you are likely to suffer any scarring or deformity.
- Keep a record of any additional expenses incurred by you as a result of the accident.
- Always seek legal advice on making a no win no fee accident at work claim before agreeing on anything (such as a settlement or compensation) with your employer or their representative regarding the accident.
- Contact Beacon Law if you would like to find out more about making a claim on a no win, no fee basis for your accident at work.
What is the Process for Making a No Win, No Fee Accident at Work Claim?
If you have sustained an injury at work, you should contact a law firm, such as Beacon Law soon after your accident. Beacon Law have a team of specialist accident at work solicitors, who are highly experienced in dealing with no win, no fee accident at work claims.
You should be aware that there is a strict time limit of three years from the date of the accident for making a personal injury claim. This can be extended in special circumstances; however, we would advise that you start your work accident claim as early as possible to avoid your claim becoming statute-barred.
The process for making a claim against your employer will involve:
- A telephone call with an experienced Personal Injury Solicitor: You will be required to provide your solicitor with your employer’s details, the circumstances of the accident, the time and date of the accident, the nature of your injuries, details about how the accident was reported and recorded, and contact details of any witnesses.
- Paperwork: When you have provided your agreement to proceed with the claim on a no-win, no-fee basis, your solicitor will provide you with some paperwork to fill in regarding your claim.
- Claim initiation: As soon as you have provided your signed paperwork, your solicitor will contact your employer to advise them of your claim.
Can I Be Dismissed for Making a No Win, No Fee Accident At Work Claim?
It is natural to be worried about the negative consequences of making a claim against your employer. You may be worried about being treated nagatively by your boss or even being dismissed if you make a claim against your employer.
We can assure you that your employer is not legally permitted to terminate your employment or to treat you in a badly just because you have decided to pursue a claim against them.
Your employer should have appropriate Employers Liability insurance in place to cover them in the event that any of their employees become injured due to their negligence or a breach of statutory duty. The costs of the claim against your employer will usually be covered by your employer’s insurance company, not by your employer directly.
How Can Beacon Law Assist in Making a No Win, No Fee Accident at Work Claim?
Beacon Law is a specialist personal injury law firm registered in England and Wales; our registered office is based in Manchester. Some of the most common types of claims we deal with on a day-to-day basis include road traffic accidents, accidents at work, slips, trips, and falls as well as medical negligence and dental negligence claims.
If you have sustained an injury at work because your employer failed in their duty to protect you, then contact Beacon Law today by calling 0330 1332 857 or complete the contact form at the top of the page to request a call back, and we will put you in touch with a specialist Solicitor. Our team of accident at work solicitors will be more than happy to guide you through the claims process to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.
Beacon Law can assist you in making a compensation claim for your accident at work on a no-win, no-fee basis, which means that you won’t have to pay any of our fees if your case is unsuccessful. We are experts in no win, no fee claims, and we are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
If you decide to make a claim with Beacon Law, our highly professional personal injury solicitors and accident at work solicitors will work hard to ensure that you receive appropriate treatment and the highest level of compensation for your injury.