Serious Injury Claims Newcastle Under Lyme: No Win, No Fee
Find out how much your personal injury claim may be worth
What is a serious injury claim, Newcastle Under Lyme?
A serious injury claim, Newcastle Under Lyme, is a legal process through which a person who has suffered a significant and often life-altering injury seeks compensation for the harm they have endured. These types of claims typically arise from accidents such as car crashes, workplace accidents, slip and falls, medical malpractice, or defective products.
Serious injuries can include but are not limited to spinal cord injuries, brain injuries, amputations, severe burns, and disfigurement. These types of injuries often require extensive medical treatment and may result in long-term disability or even death. As a result, the personal injury compensation sought in serious injury claims Newcastle Under Lyme tend to be higher than that in other types of personal injury claims.
What are some examples of serious injury claims Newcastle Under Lyme?
- Road traffic accidents. A car accident can cause serious injuries such as traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, internal injuries, and broken bones.
- Workplace accidents. Accidents at work can result in serious injuries such as burns, amputations, traumatic brain injuries, and spinal cord injuries.
- Medical malpractice. Medical malpractice can cause serious injuries such as misdiagnosis, surgical errors, medication errors, and birth injuries.
- Slip and falls. Slip and falls can cause serious injuries such as broken bones, spinal cord injuries, and traumatic brain injuries.
- Defective products. Defective products can cause serious injuries such as burns, lacerations, and traumatic brain injuries.
In all of these situations, the injured party may be entitled to compensation for their medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages resulting from the injury.
What is the process of making a serious injury claim, Newcastle Under Lyme?
The process of making a serious injury claim can be complex, and it can involve several stages. Here are the typical steps involved in making a serious injury claim:
- Notice. The injured party or their legal representative must inform the alleged responsible party of their intent to claim compensation for the injury sustained. The notice must contain the details of the injury, the circumstances surrounding the incident, and the compensation amount sought.
- Acknowledgment. Within 21 days of receiving the notice, the alleged responsible party must acknowledge receipt and respond by admitting or denying liability.
- Investigation. Both parties must investigate the incident and the extent of the injury. The defendant may request supporting evidence, such as witness statements or photographs.
- Liability. After the investigation, the defendant may accept or deny liability. If the defendant accepts liability, they may require medical evidence, and the injured party may have to attend a medical assessment with an expert to prove causation and the severity of their injuries. The injured party’s medical records may also be requested.
- Settlement Offer. If liability is accepted, the responsible party may offer a settlement, whereas if liability is denied, the injured party may make a counter-offer.
- Litigation. If no agreement is reached during the Pre-Action Protocol process, the injured party may commence formal litigation by initiating court proceedings
How can Beacon Law assist?
The serious injury claim solicitors at Beacon Law are experts in the area of serious injury compensation claims. Our solicitors work on a no win no fee agreement, meaning that if your claim fails you will not be expected to pay anything for our services.
By always striving to achieve the best results for our clients, we are able to have a great success rate when recovering the compensation which our clients deserve.
To discuss your potential serious injury claim, Newcastle Under Lyme, please contact our personal injury solicitors in Newcastle Under Lyme on 03301332857 or use the form above to get in touch with our team today.
Beacon Law are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Our firm is based in Manchester; however, we assist claimants in all locations in England and Wales.