Select Page

Slip and Trip Claims Manchester


Find out how much your personal injury claim may be worth



Discuss a New Case

Contact us today by calling 0330 1332 857 to find out if you have a claim.

Slips, Trips and Falls

Having an accident in public can be a traumatic event. People often think that if you slip or trip, you should “pick yourself up, dust yourself down, and get on with it”. Of course, sometimes an accident is just an accident, one of those things that happen from time to time, but other times they are caused by somebody not doing what they should be doing to prevent an accident from happening.

However, people who experience a slipping or tripping accident may sustain serious injuries, including bones. Serious injuries such as these are going to affect the person’s daily life.

If you have sustained an injury as a result of a slip, trip or fall accident, you may be entitled to make a compensation claim.

Slip and Trip Claims Manchester: Common Types Of Slip And Trip Accidents

Many accidents happen in public areas and in the workplace every day due to slips, trips, falls, and even falling objects. Many of these types of accidents are caused by someone else’s negligence and could have been avoided had the person responsible for the accident had followed the correct regulations and procedures to ensure the safety of people in the area.

The most common types of personal injury claims for accidents we deal with include:

  • Claims against the Council or local authorities for accidents on roads, pavements and parks.
  • Sports injury claims for those who have been injured whilst playing or watching sports.
  • Claims for accidents in occupied buildings or premises, such as supermarkets, shops, theatres, or transport.
  • Employers Negligence- Your employer is under an obligation to provide safe work environments under the ‘Health and Safety At Work etc. Act 1974’. It is your employers’ responsibility to ensure that all safety procedures are in place and there are no hazards or risks that anyone can get hurt or injured from. Injuries at work are mostly caused by poor housekeeping due to wet floors not being visible with a sign or obstructions on the floor, causing slip and tripping hazards.

How Much Compensation Will I Receive For A Slip and Trip Claim?

When starting a claim, it will be difficult to estimate the valuation of your injuries. The value of your claim will depend upon the seriousness of your injuries and your additional losses. Compensation is split into general damages and special damages as shown below:

  • General damages – General damages refer to compensation for your injuries. This will be based on your pain and suffering due to the injuries sustained in your accident.
  • Special damages – Special damages refer to any additional financial losses you sustained due to your injuries. These can include loss of earnings, travel costs, home care costs, and the costs of any medical treatment you received as a direct result of the accident. You should ensure that you keep receipts of any additional expenses to prove your special damages.

To find out more about how much your claim for compensation will be, feel free to look at this section on our website.

Slip and Trip Claims Manchester: What Should I Do After Having an Accident?

You should always seek medical attention at a hospital or with yourG.P. to assess and treat injuries following an accident. You should report the accident to the person in control of the location of your accident. If possible, obtain evidence of the defect which caused your accident in the form of photographs. Take photographs of your injuries and request witness statements from anyone present at the time of your accident if you can.

If you wish to make a slip and trip claim, Manchester, contact Beacon Law, today. Please note that there is a time limit on making a personal injury claim. Claims will become statute-barred after three years from the date of the accident.

To find out more about the claims process, take a look at this section on our website.

Why Choose Beacon Law To Assist In Your Slip and Trip Claims?

Beacon Law is a specialist firm of personal injury solicitors with lots of experience dealing with slip and trip accident claims. We provide a high level of service to all our clients and work hard to ensure you receive the highest level of compensation for your injuries.

We can assist you in making a claim for your personal injury on a no win, no fee basis. To find out more about our no win, no fee claim funding and legal fees, have a look at the funding section on our website.

If you’ve suffered from a slip, trip or fall injury due to someone else’s negligence or breach of duty, then please call us today on 0330 1332 857 or use our online contact form to start your claim and start receiving the compensation you deserve today.

Beacon Law are a firm of solicitors registered in England and Wales with our registered office based in Manchester.

We are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).

Make a Claim

Contact us today to find out if you have a claim.

Use our Contact Forms or Call 0330 1332 857

Contact Us


General Enquiries:

0161 428 1234

New Claims:

0330 1332 857


0161 239 1072


Beacon Law

1st Floor

Shirley House

12 Gatley Road