These days in light of the congestion on the roads and the fear of what damage motor vehicles are doing to the environment a lot of people are deciding to travel by pedal cycle instead of by car. It is not unusual to see people commuting to work or children travelling to school by cycle. Cycling can also be good fun, great exercise and can be an enjoyable leisure activity for all the family.
Unfortunately cyclists are very vulnerable on the roads and have little protection if they are involved in any type of collision (especially a collision with a motor vehicle). If you are involved in an accident on the road as a cyclist which is not your fault, you may be able to make a cycle accident personal injury claim for compensation.
Hints & Tips
If you are involved in a road traffic accident as a cyclist we would recommend that you:
- Report the accident to the police urgently, particularly if the driver responsible drives away without stopping;
- Take down details of the offending vehicle car registration, driver name, address and telephone number and, if possible, details of any witnesses to your accident;
- If your accident was due to hitting a pothole on a road, take photographs as soon as possible of the offending hole or other defect/problem with the road;
- Take photographs of any damage to your bike and clothing and keep the damaged items for assessment;
- Get a couple of repair quotes from your local bike shop or the shop where you bought the bike including a report confirming the pre-accident value of your bike;
- Keep any repair receipts and receipts for replacement clothing, helmet and any other items.
Why Beacon Law?
As vulnerable road users, injuries sustained through a cycling accident can often be serious. We specialise in dealing with cycling accident claims and pride ourselves on getting the right result for injured cyclists.
You can contact us to discuss your cycle accident compensation claim in more detail by calling 08000 886644 or by completing our online form.